Upstate NY Babies

Gender bias/discrimination

Has anyone ever felt like they are subjected to Gender bias or discrimination. Sometimes I feel that just b/c DH is a male he gets things done much easier than me as a women.

Example: We have to replace our truck, big purchase, so we have to take out a loan. I spent 3 days going to different banks and working with the dealership trying to get the best loan. DH goes in to the same dealership, same sales person and comes out with a quote that's 4.5% lower than I was quoted. This was one day after I went in and talked with the same guy. This is a co-loan, not an individual loan so I've been racking my brain and getting really upset that DH got a lower loan just b/c he was a male.

Here's something else that happened last week. I had served on a jury and they had my name spelled wrong so they were sending me threatening letters that I needed to send in this survey, that they already had under my correctly spelled name. I spent over 2 hours trying to clear up the fact that they had spelled my name wrong and that they already had the survey and that I had, in fact, spent 28 days on a jury last year. They were telling me that I was avoiding my civil duty, lying etc. DH literally is on the phone for 2 minutes, with the SAME women, hangs up and says "all set". WTH?

I don't know. Anyone have any insight on this? I'm glad that he is able to help me out but I've been noticing this more and more as I get older. I don't think I'm a pushover, but lately I've been feeling like that. DH is much more forceful than I am, but I speak up and I don't consider myself shy. This is frustrating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml