January 2012 Moms

work rant -nbr-

*Excuse me for just a minute while I am totally ungrateful to have a job*

Today is the last work day before the long weekend. Typically they let everyone go home early on a holiday weekend, but we never know for sure until the day of. A lot of people have taken a vacation day for today, so it's mostly deserted anyway. I just found out that we're getting off 2 hours early...well, everyone EXCEPT FOR ME. Why?? Because I have to answer the BLEEPING phones. This is stupid for a few reasons.  First off, I work in HR. I have never understood how when the receptionist is out, phone answering duties fall on the shoulders of HR, but apparently that makes sense to the higher ups. It's also stupid because no one is going to be here to fill orders, so all I will be doing is answering the phone and telling them there is no one here to help them unless they just happen to be calling with an HR related question (very unlikely). I wouldn't mind working over if it were to finish work related to my own job, but our receptionist carpools and didn't plan ahead so she has to leave when the other people leave. I know I'm being a big baby about 2 hours, but this seriously happens EVERY holiday. I guess I am less mad at the company than I am at the receptionist. We don't like eachother and I swear she does this crap intentionally to screw me over.

-END RANT-

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml