Upstate NY Babies

Please help me decide what to do! (bed) *long*

Ugh, what a crappy weekend of sleep! =(

Saturday night R fell out of his bed (recap for non FB friends), about a week ago we converted his crib into a toddler bed. The crib included a short rail that was like a bump to keep him in. He did fine for a week and rolled over the rail (only like 4 or so inches of rounded wood).

We (ok, I) freaked when I saw him missing on the monitor and heard him crying. We took the crib apart Sunday, put twin mattress and box spring on the floor with a double rail. He went to sleep fine but was out of bed at Midnight, not sure if he fell off the end or just got out. I put him back in, and he woke up crying about every hour. I slept like crap worrying about him. He is currently asleep, but sleeping backwards in the bed. I am thinking of either scrapping the whole thing and putting the crib back up or putting a body pillow under the bottom sheet at the end of the bed to keep him in........we are so tired. I hate making changes like this and regretting them! He never climbed out of the crib, we switched because we thought he was suddenly sleeping bad due to being uncomfortable.  I will also add he does have 2 bottom 2yr molars just peeking through....hindsight make me think this was the issue. 

WWYD?