January 2012 Moms

I'm just going to AW my mom for a bit

Even before we found out we were expecting I had looked at crib bedding and could never find anything I wanted. I also knew that you don't really use most of it so I decided I would just make my own. Problem is I don't sew so this responsibility would fall to my mom who was happy to help. I sent her some links to websites with how-to guides on making crib sheets and changing pad covers so she could see if it was something she would be able to do.

As soon as we found out we were expecting my mom and I have been going to fabric stores whenever I am home (she lives 4 hours away) and getting ideas. I had the perfect color theme picked out for a boy and so when we found out I went out and bought the fabric I wanted to use for the crib skirt and windows. I told my mom we would just do the sheets in solid colors that coordinate.

Today I got a package with one of the sheets already made and a note saying "I hope this shade of orange is OK. I tried to match it with the other fabric at the store." It's so perfect! Now I have an excuse to go out and buy the mattress since I have something to put on it :)

I feel so silly getting excited over a crib sheet, but the room is coming together so great and I'm so lucky that my mom is willing to help me out with all of this sewing!

BabyFruit Ticker
BabyName Ticker