January 2012 Moms

Annoying Dr. vent

Background: I love 2/3 of the practice I use. The two I love are wonderful enough to stay, the other guy is an ass. He delivered my nephew and was so awful to my sister, but he was the only one on call at the time. I was so thrilled when he wasn't on call to deliver DS. He gave me such a hard time last pregnancy about my weight gain. I gained a total of 35 lb. and the nice doctors weren't worried one bit. He had a rude comment every time I saw him. I had a really hard time hearing, "It wouldn't hurt the baby to have a few more salad and lay off the donuts." from a man who's own belly hung way over his belt and no one was living in there!

Anyway, I knew he was my doctor this month and I've been dreading it. His opening words when he walked into the room were, "Hi there. Congratulations. (looking at my chart) Well, there's been a bit of weight gain since last month." I wanted to scream, "Yeah, I'm pregnant!" But then he calculated the total and realized it wasn't bad... but seriously, so annoying! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker