January 2012 Moms

Hope for 2nd Trimester job seekers

So DH got posted to his new military base and we got here about a month ago. It was all terrible timing with our wedding, honeymoon and the move and then a surprise BFP to top it all off!

I had to leave my job, and got here when I was 14wks along. With the move, stuff we needed for a bigger house, insurance blah blah blah I was getting worried about money and not having a job and even more worried about who was going to hire a 4-months pregnant chick from out of town!

I applied to a couple of jobs on base and got an interview. Thankfully I'm not showing much, and wore a suit jacket for extra camouflage. I ended up being referred to and hired for a different position than the one I applied for, which was actually covering someone else's Mat leave! Dilemma.

I told the manager the same day I started work and they got it all figured out for me! I will work until end of December/into January and they will get someone else to train part-time while I'm training/working full-time! Everyone at my new job is excited for me and I have a lot less worries about finances and honestly, I'm just happy not to be at home all day waiting for DH to come home to make his lunch (which he has to make himself now because I only get a 1/2 hour lunch. Hee hee).

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to share!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml