January 2012 Moms

I wish I was having a baby shower

I'm fully aware that it's gift grabby.  I can't help it, I want the gifts :)  And I had so much fun having everyone together, celebrating the new baby... *sigh* I just really want that again. 

We got all pink stuff with DD; pink stroller, infant seat, boppy, bouncy chair, swing, etc.  Everything pink.  Not that I don't want to not put my boy in pink chairs at home but it's going to get expensive buying a new infant seat and maybe stroller (we have a travel system that we used for DD- it's beautiful, but pink and floral.)  And new cribsheets, and all the clothes we need... ugh, we really don't have a lot of extra $ lying around.  I would never throw my own shower just to have one so I guess I am just venting.  My shower for DD was so much fun and so special that I just really want to do it again!

FWIW I'm one of those people who thinks there should be a shower for each baby :)  Even if it's just celebrating new life and doesn't involve gifts!  But unfortunately that's not common practice amongst my family/friends.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic