January 2012 Moms

Another shower question...

I have mentioned before that my husband has 8 sisters, and his family usually has huge showers due to the number of people.  They invite men and women, there is alcohol and it ends up being an all day party, usually 7-8 hours. 

But they are all also horrible procrastinators who always do things last minute...like they may plan this 2-3 weeks out.  That would be fine except that all of my best friends, my daughter and my sister all live out of state and would need to know well in advance if they wanted to fly in for my shower, which they have all asked me about and I have no answer to give them.

My duaghter has said she wants to help host (she is 23) but she can't do it alone because of how far she lives.  I would not allow her to foot the bill and if she did host I would pay for it all.  But no one else has offered yet and I am not going to ask anyone about it. 

Would you just skip the shower, or would you let your daughter host, although that would mean you ended up doing most of the planning?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker