January 2012 Moms

Bringing Visability to Disability...

So I will preface this by saying yes I do happen to have an entry in this and am a finalist, but that is NOT why I am posting this. Infact, I won't even say which one is mine :P

I wanted to share this link to the Holland Bloorview Filmpossible contest finalists so you could all check out some of the inspiring images and videos that were entered. The theme of the contest is "Bringing Visability to Disability" and the entries touch on all different interesting perspectives and heart warming stories. I hope an pray that none of our babies have difficulties and disabilities such as these children do, however it is wonderful and inspiring to see the types of lives that they could still lead if that turns out to be the case! I have had a few friends now (hence the involvement in the contest) who have had children born with limb differences, down syndrome, hearing and vision impairments, etc. and they were beyond devastated to hear this news. Seeing them in action a few years later though, you would never even guess!

Here's the link if anyone is interested, feel free to vote for any or all of your favorites :)

http://www.filmpossible.ca/contests/browseallentries/all/all

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker