January 2012 Moms

This shouldn't annoy me, but it does. (possibly flameworthy)

My sis is 2 months pregnant with the guy she's been dating for 3 months.  I think he has recently found some sort of job, but she's still unemployed (they were both unemployed when they found out, and I'm pretty sure they were TTC).  They have no money & this has been a cycle for both of them as individuals for years.

So, in other words, our tax dollars will be paying for this baby, all the medical care, it's food, etc. etc.

We were just chatting on FB today and she was talking about how she knows we're doing cloth diapers & it's just not for her-- she's going to stick to disposables.  Now, I'm NOT one of those people that thinks everyone should do CD & they are horrible people if they don't.  But it does kind of get me heated that we're making a conscious decision to do the extra work involved in CDing in order to save money, yet we're paying taxes that will support her & she's taking the easy way out when she actually doesn't have the money for it.

I have a bumpy relationship with my sis anyway, so I would never actually say that to her (or anyone else in the same situation) but it annoys me.  I did mention making baby food & she seemed interested. FX

ETA: Daycare won't be an issue for her-- IF she works after baby, which I don't think she will, but if she does, a family member will take care of baby.  So CDing wouldn't interfere. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml