January 2012 Moms

S/O: Is this what I get for keeping it a secret? (Baby name related)

So, we've decided to keep the name(s) we've selected a secret from everyone for a few reasons. We want something to be a surprise when the baby comes, want the freedom to change our mind, and also we're both not a fan of others referring to our baby by her name while she's still a fetus. So--we're not telling anyone the name.

But--I was at brunch with girlfriends on Saturday, and we started talking about baby names and I said we weren't telling. Then, my close friend says that if she has a girl, she wants to name her--and then literally says the name we've picked--first AND middle name! I was like, seriously?!?

Now, I feel like since I am pregnant and she is not (she even said she isn't sure if she wants to have kids) AND that we had actually already picked the name out, that we can still have the name. But my question is--should I tell my friend the situation so she doesn't think I stole it? I just feel awkward about it now, but we love the name and aren't going to give it up. Any thoughts??

BabyFruit Ticker