January 2012 Moms

Breakthrough day! :) (And a thank you to you all!)

Had my 19 week appointment today at a new clinic (we were gone over the summer and saw someone else) and had a SURPRISE ULTRASOUND! Our first throughout the pregnancy! We thought we wouldn't have it for a week because this was our first visit. And it is a GIRL! The other wonderful thing about the visit was my husband was able to be there and to not only see the baby but to hear the heartbeat for the first time.

Ladies, for the last 19 weeks I've been reading this board all the time and it has consoled me through endless morning sickness (which is still continuing--I threw up out of the car on the way home today!) and fear about whether this baby was growing normally. Even though we don't know each other in real life, you all have been a huge help with your advice and stories and questions that are always so similar to mine.

I feel like even if I'm sick for the rest of this pregnancy, today was the first day where I feel like a real mommy-to-be and I feel so much stronger and full of joy than I did earlier this morning. The power of an image is incredible--I know many of you have had ultrasounds already and know this, but for those of you that haven't and have had a hard pregnancy like I have--HANG IN THERE! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml