Single Parents

MIL

My STBX-MIL has been trying to talk to me about X's CS payment and I finally ended up talking to her and letting her know exactly how I felt. I practiced what I wanted to say because I wanted it to be clear and to the point.

She said paying the full amount would make it impossible for her to visit DD. I was tired of her trying to guilt trip me into lowering the amount more. I already lowered it after the Judge asked me to "seriously think about negotiating". 

My speech went something like this:

"It is your choice to pay your son's CS. The amount you chose to pay is up to you. I am not asking you to pay the money your son owes. It is his responsibility. If you choose to pay more than you can afford that is on you, not me. I do not feel bad for him and his poor choices and I won't feel guilty for your choices either."

She actually took it really well! I know it seems like she is awful... but really she is just living in denial and is delusional. I do not trust her and I am in no way letting my gaurd down in regards to her, but doing supervised visits (with SIL/BIL) I think is in C's best interest right now. She is good about never bringing this around the kids and she did stand up to X about the furniture... She is also going to pay some support so I have to give her a little credit. Not much... but a little.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml