January 2012 Moms

Frustrating weekend pain

Happy Monday Everyone! DH and I traveled about 6 hours north to visit my family this weekend. We left on Thurs and arrived back today.  It was a wonderful weekend being together with my family but unforunately I had a nagging pain that kept me both uncomfortable and anxious.  After the car ride on Thursday my right leg started throbbing first at the quad and then down into the calf.  I didn't sleep well  due to the pain.  Friday it felt better and against better judgement I proceeded through my day normally with lots of walking and even a bike ride.  Of course the pain was back and worse on Friday night and into Saturday.  I realized on Saturday night that I have still been sleeping on my back and thought perhaps this was pinching a nerve. I tried my best to sleep on my left side for most of the night and the pain was better on Sunday. We bought a "snoogle" maternity pillow on Sunday that I used last night.  After sitting down on the couch to watch a movie the pain came back in my leg but this time throbbing in the back of my hamstring.  I still didn't sleep great but the pillow helped with staying on my side. I have virtually no pain today, even after the long car ride.  I have been a runner for a long time and know what it feels like to pull a muscle or ligament and this was a much different pain. I have an appointment on Thursday so I will def talk to the OB but I am wondering if anyone else has had lower body pain that they relate to pregnancy?  I have no idea if this pain is related or not. Definitely feeling a little frustrated! Thanks in advance for any thoughts. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml