Single Parents

my daughter and I...

It's been quite awhile since I've posted here, yet alot has happened in our lives.  The last time I posted was then I was about 8 months pregnant and now my daughter is 16 months.

Little background....I'd known the "biological donor" for about 2 months when I found out I was pregnant.  (Short and sweet) I told him and he left!  (Fast forward) When she was born, I asked him if he wanted her to have his last name and his exact words "I DON'T KNOW." Well she left the hospital with my last name but I always said I would not take him to court for paternity nor would I do it for child support, as it is he's only seen her twice maybe three times since she's been born.

Six months after she was born, I met this guy.  We began dating, although I was skeptical because my daughter was so little.  It was always in the back of my mind, who would date a woman with an infant......10 months later, the same guy I met.  He's such a great guy not only to me but to HIS DAUGHTER!! "dada" were her first words. She is attached to him and he's taken her in as his own.  She follows him around the house and when he's working in the yard watches him out the window until he comes back in.  He's talked about adopting her, but we haven't made it official yet.

I, to this day, have yet to hear from the "biological donor" but give my boyfriend lots of props for stepping up and being the "dad he didn't have to be"  to my daughter. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker -- Anniversary --