January 2012 Moms

Insurance *VENT*

Ok, let me preface this by saying that I know that this is not nearly as big a deal since I am not living in the states, but it still really pisses me off.

I called my supplemental insurance today because they goofed up and didn't reimburse me like they should have.  They should have reimbursed me 75 and not 62 like they did.  So the girl starts arguing with me and telling me that I don't know anything about how these reimbursements work etc. To clarify, I used to work for their rival insurance company and I know EXACTLY how it works.  I promptly emailed them the legal guarantees, so hopefully I hear from them shortly.

Then, the lady informs me that if I have a V birth, I will only be reimbursed (not even paid to the hospital) 474.  Please keep in mind that technically the government pays for the birth and hospitalization, but the room (600)and doctors fees (upwards of 4k-5k total) remain at the patient's charge.  I was a little in shock, but hey, it happens, and if the baby is healthy, I am willing to pay a little extra in Dr's fees.

But THEN she goes on to tell me that if I have a C section (which costs the State double, thus my insurance company), EVERYTHING is covered! Even the private room!!!! WHAT BS!!!!!!

I am FUMING!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml