January 2012 Moms

not pregnant enough....

So, my sister is an ob/gyn and I always feel like in our conversations that I am never pregnant enough.  When I showed her my first ultrasound at 6 weeks, she felt I wasn't that far along even though the doctor confirmed that I was.  When I thought I felt some strange feelings in my belly at 12 weeks, there was no way, according to her, that that could be the baby.  Which I agree, it was probably too early for that.  But perhaps she could just be happy for me?  And finally, at 15 weeks I went to a place to get the gender determination and according to her I wasn't pregnant enough for that.  They are 95% sure it's a boy but couldn't tell fully because the umbilical chord was in the way, not that it wasn't big enough.  She says today that there really is no way to tell that early whether it's a boy or a girl at 15 weeks, EVEN THOUGH they do gender determination at 15 weeks....I mean, this is their business!  The woman who did the ultrasound has been doing them for 20 years in a doctor's office and now does them in the boutique.  I am tired of feeling never pregnant enough.  I know that this stems from the fact that even though my sister is a doctor, she is miserable in life and has yet to have a successful relationship and she is well aware that her clock is ticking.  I'm just tired of her attitude and really don't feel like sharing anything with her anymore. 
image. image. image.