January 2012 Moms

enough with the comments!

I'm sorry, but I have to vent to people that understand what the heck I'm going through.

Today I went over to my mother's house to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. I had a good time, but it seemed like everyone had something to say regarding my pregnancy. I understand people are going to give their opinions even when they're not asked for, but it was like overload today. I'm frustrated with it and surprised that I was able to keep my cool for a lot of it.

Comment 1: "You don't look like you're expecting at all...it just looks like you've fattened up!" Seriously? I've lost four pounds and haven't gained a single pound back. All of the weight that it looks like I've gained is in my lower abdomen. Please don't tell me it looks like I'm "fattened up", that makes me more self-conscious.

Comment 2: "I thought you said you were painting the nursery a neutral color? That's the girliest color I've ever seen!" It's GREEN. How is that more girly than boyish???

Comment 3: "I saw the bedding you've picked out; why don't you keep looking?" Umm, because this is our child and that is the bedding we like out of all that we've seen.

Comment 4: "Why the heck are you buying a decal for the nursery wall? Just paint something. That's dumb!" I want something I can pull off it I choose later that I don't like it. Thankyouverymuch.

Comment 5: (from a guy who is not married and does not have children) "You're tired? You haven't done anything but sit around all day!" No comment.

You guys, I'm very appreciative of all of these people. They're wonderful but I don't think any of them have filters. That's not all of the comments I recieved today, but all I want to list. It's ridiculous. Why must people open their mouths?!!

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers