Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

intro/what to expect

Hello ladies,

First off, I hate that I'm joining you and am sorry for your loss(es). I'm hoping you can help me figure some things out. First a bit of background: last weekend I was having some brown spotting and I woke up this Wednesday to full on bleeding. I went to see my Dr. that day. I was 6w4d. The ultrasound revealed only a gestational sac. We also did some blood work and she called yesterday with that info. My progesterone level was 2.2 (she said anything less than 5 is not considered a viable pregnancy) and my hcg was 400ish. As a result of these numbers, she said I am having/will have a miscarriage. She wants me to come back in on Monday for more blood work. 

So my question is what happens now? I have been bleeding consistently (about as much as a regular period?) since Wednesday.  I had horrible lower back pain all day Wednesday, but that has mostly subsided. Should I just expect more bleeding or will there be an actual "active" miscarriage?

Ugh. Everything about this sucks. This was our first and I'm just feeling like zombie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFruit Ticker