Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Bottle Strike?

The same day LO started teething, we started having bottle issues at dc. He'll take his first bottle (5 oz), then take about an ounce from his second, and nothing from his third. We chalked it up to teething pain and I increased the nipple flow thinking that the sucking might be hurting his gums. So now we're 3 weeks later and he still isn't taking any bottles past his 1st of the day. (He might take an ounce of his second.) His teeth still bother him occassionally, but he takes his first bottle with no issues at all. He's not acting like his gums are bothering him, he just doesn't want the bottle and will yell and fight if you try to make him take it. Once you stop trying he's happy as a clam.

Do babies go on bottle strikes? He is still nursing well, but I only nurse him in the mornings and at night. Now I've started nursing him immediately after daycare as well, even though he doesn't act like he's hungry. I'm just worried that he's not getting enough milk. He is still getting a lot of wet diapers a day.

Help?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers