January 2012 Moms

WWYD? Opinions please.

When MH & I first moved here in December, we decided to invite both sets of our parents up to visit during different week in the summer.  We live 8 hrs away.  MH's parents said they couldn't because gas was so expensive.  My parents said 'absolutely!'  I'd much rather my parents come anyway.  :)  We have it all set up & even scheduled and ultrasound to determine the gender for when they'll be here.  They're only able to stay 3 days, but we're making the most of it.

So MIL just texted me to ask when my parents were coming bc her mom (MH's grandmother) wants to come.

Here's the thing-- we ADORE MH's grandmother.  She is so sweet & loving & we would absolutely love to have her visit!  She is so giving, and when she received some life insurance money from her sister's passing, she forgave all of MH's debt that he owed her from before we got married.  And for a lady living on SS, that is giving up a lot.

But I have been looking forward to my parents coming for months now.  Literally, since December!  And we have everything planned out perfectly-- it just makes me want to cry to think of someone else joining the party.  :(  That, and I don't know where she'd sleep (my parents were going to stay in our spare bedroom, but I don't feel right putting grandma on the couch!).  And it's too far for her to drive by herself, and plane tickets are roughly $600 one way.

So WWYD?  Any suggestions for a happy solution? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml