January 2012 Moms

kegels from a stranger...

So tonight I went to happy hour with some coworkers, and also a guy from the UK that was here to check out some of our equipment (we make gym equipment).  He knew I was pregnant, and halfway through appetizers he comes over, squeezes my shoulders, sits down next to me and says "how we doin' mum?"  Might I mention I had not talked to this guy all day.  So we sort of small-talk about my pregnancy (I'm 18 weeks, just haven't figured out those tickers yet) and then he asks me in his thick british accent "so, have you been performing your pelvic floor exercises?"  I was like, ummm... huh?  So he goes on and on telling me about leaking and that I should be doing up to 100 of these exercises a day, and it was so awkward because he was a loud talker and a bunch of other coworkers were there and I am sure they did not want to listen to this conversation (I work with mostly men).  Anyway eventually I sort of put two and two together and figured out that he was talking about kegels.  Until then all I could picture was laying on the floor on my back and lifting my pelvis up and down!  I thought, how on earth are you qualified to tell me about this... whether it is true or not.  It was strange.  And I was so glad to exit the conversation!  Unfortunately he will be at work again tomorrow, hopefully he will not have any other advice for me!  Just had to share :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml