January 2012 Moms

Some people amaze me. (vent, long) *EDITED*

My husband works at Chili's Bar and Grill.  He has been there for 4 years now, and he absolutely hates it.  He's applied at several different places and hasn't had any luck, which suprises me because he has a really great resume.

There is a new manager at Chili's who seems to have something out for my husband.  He's been there for about a year, and from the time he got there has been horrible to my husband. 

His truck was broken down one day about 8 months ago, and MH called early that morning (his shift wasn't until 4:30), to let them know what was going on.  He was supposed to bartend that night, and he was letting them know that depending on when I could get home from work, he might be running a little late.  He told them he either needed to get his shift covered, or talk to the day bartender about staying a little later (no more than 30 minutes) until he could get there.  I ended up getting off work a little later and then got stuck in traffic, so he was about 25 minutes late for his shift.  No problem, cause he called ahead earlier that morning, right?  Wrong.  His manager was pissed and took away all of his bar shifts and moved him back to serving.  This cut about $1,500 a month out of our budget.

After making NO money serving, and still having no luck with finding a new job, MH was offered a position in the kitchen doing food prep. They pay was only $10/hour but was honestly more than he was making waiting tables.  It was at least a steady paycheck coming in every 2 weeks.  His boss promised him a bonus of $300 to come in a couple of months ago.  It was supposed to come in on the very next check.  It didn't.  When MH asked him about it, he said that he must have put it in after the deadline for the checks, so it would for SURE be on the following check.  It wasn't.  When questioned AGAIN, he said, "Oh, well I just put in for it yesterday, so it will be on the next check."  When it finally did show up, it was $100 dollars less than he was told he would get. 

So, the most recent...we took vacation time 2 weeks ago, and the check MH got Friday should have had the vacation pay on it.  It didn't.  It didn't even have a full week of pay.  The check was for $148.66.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  So MH questioned his boss who said he would look into it.  An hour later, Nick asked him if he had found anything out and he said, "Oh, I forgot to call payroll.  Let me check!"  By the end of the day he said he was still waiting on a call back.

This was Friday.  So today, MH gets to work and his boss says that he put in the time wrong, as he had put it in as a lump sum 32 hours instead of putting in a few hours every day MH was off.  He said there was nothing they could do about it, other than cut him a check for 15 hours of pay and forfeit the other 17, or he would have to take another week off and he would "put it in the right way this time".  I called BS on that REAL quick! 

I found the number for payroll, called them, and they called the manager.  He picked up and said, "Oh, I was JUST about to call you to see what we could do about this situation." Whatever.  Either way, they called me back and said they found the error, and that they would be cutting MH a check this week for the full 32 hours. 

His manager is an idiot and I can't believe he really thought he could give us those 2 ridiculous options and we would be okay with it.  He obviously doesn't know who he was messing with.  Idiot.  I just hope this doesn't cause MORE problems for MH.

ETA: I pressed post too soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml