North Carolina Babies

my birth story

so due to GD, i was supposed to be induced on 8/2. i really wanted to avoid induction so i'd been taking evening primrose oil 3x a day for a couple weeks, and had just gone out searching for clary sage oil to help try inducing labor with that.  after trying 3 drug stores and spending 2 hrs of walking around in walmart, i gave up for the night, but had planned to check one more store saturday to see if they had any 

i'd planned on doing caster oil on sunday as well.  i didn't want to start that until then bc the new hospital here was opening on sunday and we were trying to deliver there instead of the old one! 

so anyway, friday at my last ob appt i'd asked my doc to sweep my membranes bc i was really hoping to avoid an induction.  she wouldn't do one bc she said that i'd go when i was ready, sweep or not.  and she didn't want to cause me any unnecessary discomfort.  

well i woke up saturday am ab 3, and funny enough i was feeling kinda lovey, so dh and i had sex.  i then woke up sometime between 4-5 w/contractions that were about 3 minutes apart.  i wasn't sure it was the real deal or not until almost 6 when i decided dh was right and we should head to the hospital.  

bc i had trouble w/my epi last time, i'd been using hypnobabies since ab 20 weeks in hopes to go natural this time.  i have to say, i was a bit skeptical that it would really work, and though my labor was by no means painless, it was not that bad!  it was much different than my labor w/ds where i was totally unprepared and couldn't relax, which made the contractions just totally horrible.

this time, i was able to relax enough so that i could breathe through the contractions.  so i was very happy that i had that in my pocket!

anyway, contractions started sometime between 4-5, i got up at 5 and took a couple showers to help try and relax.  we got to the hospital at about 6 and the l&d nurse we'd talked to on the phone told me she didn't think i was really in labor bc i'd been laughing on the phone when i talked to her, but i was measuring at 6 cm.  so i was a keeper lol.  well duh. i knew i was in labor!    my contractions were about 3 min apart and when we got to the hospital they were about 1-2 min apart.  i made it to 8 cm before i got an epi, which worked wonderfully this time around.  i could have done the whole thing naturally but i'm glad i went with an epi.    3 contractions worth of pushing and dd was born at 8:33 am.  so my labor was about 4.5 hrs from start to finish.  my labor w/ds was 7 hrs and i also only had to push for 3 contractions w/him.  

things are pretty crazy around here now, ds is adjusting but he's not liking having to share me lol.

anyway, she was 8lbs 3oz and 20 inches long. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml