Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Help me fatten my skinny vegetarian baby

Going to the pedi always stresses me out because of LO's weight. She was 7 lbs 2 oz at birth, full term. She lost 3/4 lb when breastfeeding didn't go well the first few days. She was jaundice. Then she was fine, gaining one pound a month which my pedi said was the minimum goal.

At 6 months when we started solids, she didn't gain much weight the next month. I took her in at 7 months to check up on her weight. At her 9 month appointment today, she gained only 1 pound these last two months. (But she has been crawling, pulling up and cruising since 7 months)

She is still really struggling with constipation from solid which complicates things.

She is in the 3rd percentile for weight right now. This makes me feel like crap. She is breastfed and started waking at 6 months several times a night. I nurse her when she does wake up.

We are vegetarians and are going to start her on tofu this weekend. I want her to gain weight so she is not OFF the charts. (Below 5percentile) The doctor didn't stress too much but said we should offer foods that help her grow. 

Oh....and the Doctor also said she is AHEAD developmentally. She is happy and active.

Please help me fatten her up a bit! Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml