Babies: 9 - 12 Months

OK, my son's man-parts have a problem.

Has anyone seen this?  I have a call in, just waiting to hear back.

Last night around dinner time I changed his diaper and noticed that under his forskin where it attaches to the, uh, shaft (yes, I feel slightly weird talking about this.  I'll get over it), it was raw and red almost like when he was circumcised.  I looked closer and thought it was "peeling" away from the shaft, but then I decided he must have cut it with his nail when he was being grabby. 

It was about the same at the night time diaper change and slightly better this morning, but his babysitter just called and said it looked a little worse and she's never seen anything quite like it.  We're both concerned given how raw/tender it looks that it could get infected. 

So like I said, call is in to the pedi, but has anyone ever seen or heard of this?  It doesn't look like a normal diaper rash.  And well, DH is concerned about his son's manhood.

ETA:  She also mentioned that it seems to be doing the same thing a tiny bit on the other side, which kind of discredits the whole idea of him cutting it while grabbing his parts.  It would be weird for it to be on both sides I would think.

Pregnancy Ticker