January 2012 Moms

Baby's Room Musings

To start a little background.  We are team green, don't want to find out what the sex is, so we've been thinking about themes for awhile.  I fell in love with this bedding, Organic Willow, it has fawns (baby deer) on it.  Thought it would work really well for both sexes and multiple babies.  We are from Montana and yes we hunt (it was a concern of mine).  But because we live in Montana I was very adamant about getting the room painted and refloored (the people that had the house before allowed it to be a 'pet room' where the pets did whatever they want) before we could no longer open the windows to get some air.  So that left us a month or two left to get this done.  I decided that we would start painting today.  

Ok so we pick out our colors.  I go pick them up first thing this morning while my husband is pulling up the carpet.  I get back from town (we live 20 miles outside town) with paint and new flooring, walk into the baby's room and find that there was a hideous green linoleum underneath.  We'll just put our new flooring over it and we'll just go with it.  Well my father-in-law came over for dinner and proceed to point out that the floor is not level nor can we level it without taking out the linoleum.  

At this point the room has been painted one solid color.  We were about to start on our accent colors and patterns.  So my wonderful husband does as he's told by his father and starts to tear up the linoleum.  What do we find underneath?  A wonderful cherry hardwood.  So at this point we are not sure if we should refinish the original hardwood (original from 1927) or put in our new flooring which is an oak laminate.  The original flooring would need a little bit of help (there's a random hole that was filled in with particle board but could easily have a piece of furniture on top of it).  Oh to top it off our furniture is a cherry wood color as well. 

Now that this post has gotten to be pages long, the point is that this nice day project maybe two day project just became a week long project depending on what we decide.  To top it off both my husband and I go back to work tomorrow so I doubt we'll be working on any of it until our next days off in two weeks.  Unless I become an excessively nagging wife.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers