Single Parents

Finally joining (LONG)

Well, where do I start. I'm Cheyenne, I am 17,18 in October. I married because of my son and family pressure and I thought  it was okay because I loved him. My son is 8months old and I was with his father a year before we got pregnant then married him at 6months pregnant. I was here before when I realized that marrying him for my family and not myself was a mistake and that, even though I didn't think so at the time, there were other options.

He made promises and promises that he would go to school, or our local vocational rehab, or our department of labor and he never did. He has severe idiopathic scoliosis so many jobs are not an option which is why school was such a big  "thing" for me. After him being out of high school for well over a year I finally told him that if he wasn't enrolled in school by the end of July I was kicking him out, he said he understood and enrolled a few days ago. BUT he has not taken the application fee up there, inquired about financial aid, get his high school transcripts, or register, so I told him that he will still be leaving because I'm not waiting another year for something that will never happen.

Well the end of July is close and still nothing has been done,  I reminded him time after time and well I gave up. Yesterday he came home yelling at me in front of my family about some "performance pills" he found in the back seat of his car and accused me of cheating. They are not mine and the only person I have ever known to purchase those pills are him. Anyway I told him that C does not need to be around this and that he needs to pack his things and go back to his Nana. He did. Now.....What's next?

Nothing is official, he doesn't want to take it to court, he doesn't want to fight for custody (not like he could get it he is physically incapable of taking care of C all by himself and will be in a wheelchair in a year or two because he is not doing what should be done for his back), and he will get C every other weekend (his Nana will be there to help and hold his hand through everything like usual) and can come see him at any reasonable time. His Nana has said that she will babysit C while I attend my college classes this fall and if I find a job whenever and however often I may need her to.

I am still stuck, this verbal agreement doesn't satisfy me and I am afraid that him and his family will retaliate with a lawyer or something as soon as they realize that I am not letting him come back home like they believe I will. He has always been babied, and his family has many connections and is very well off. My family wont even help babysit so I can go to the store. I am afraid if he takes this to court I may not get full custody of C because he may hold PPD , and the fact that my family is not as supportive as his against me. I am in school, I am looking for a job, I take care of my son, and I am really at a loss. Do I just settle for this verbal agreement for now? Do I take it to court before he does? What is my first step? Could I actually lose to him? 

I am sorry for the long story, it was also kind of a vent. Feel free to ask any questions or say what you may. I have heard all the teenage mother criticism before and I am really just looking for advice. I know this "lurker" person is going to be really harsh. If you read all that and your head didn't explode because of my grammatical errors then I thank you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml