Upstate NY Babies

cold turkey- day one

so as i posted on FB last night M went cold turkey last night. no paci. we heard him a couple times during the night and just went in, rubbed his back , gave him his lovey and shushed him back to skeep. early this am i heard him and went in, i think he may have had is fingers in his mouth- my greatest fear that he'll just substitute with things i can't take away- but i'm not totally sure- i was still kinda asleep.

this morning when he got up he was fine- i also feared he'd hate me this morning- lol!

overall it seemed pretty easy and i would love to lable it a success, but i'm cautiously optimistic:

a. it was only one night

b. i think he may have been still feeling the effects of being up past his bedtime the night before

c. IMO night time is different then nap time, we'll see how my mom does today with him. i made the suggestion that she should try without and if he puts up a really good fight then let him have it, but DH wants a unified front- no giving in- which is easy for him to say since he isn't dealing with it- or won't have to till the weekend. with the block sale this weekend DH will be napping him and if we are still struggling with this in 3 days he'll have to deal with it then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml