Upstate NY Babies

Had follow up with gyn oncologist

Waiting on call from them for surgery date, they have to get a date from the hospital and will let me know by next week.

So, I have cervical dysplaisa that is 1 step away from cervical cancer. It may never turn into that, but we have to remove it via out patient surgery to be safe. It is a pretty big area and they want to cut it out rather than do another LEEP (electric current that swipes and burn the cells). Cutting it (cold knife cone) will help preserve the rest of the cervix better than another LEEP. They will also rule out invasive cells during the procedure.

After the surgery I wait 4 mos and go back to make sure they got it all, if all clear then we can TTC again. 

My biggest issue is having to have someone come to the hospital with me. I want to go alone but they use some anesthesia and I can't drive home. I don't want to share this with family, no need to worry them. I also will be much more relaxed if I know dh is home with R, and not anyone else. I am pretty private about this (yup, sounds silly as I post this to a public board) and just would rather go alone.

I am hoping to get this done this month and move on, but have no idea what the hospitals schedule is like. I also hate to take another day off from work, I feel like such an inconvenience.