Parenting after a Loss
Options

I can't believe DH did this . . .

Let me lay this out for you.  I come home from work (about a half-hour earlier than usual), and about 1 hour after my mom has left DD with DH.  DH apparently came home early so that he could get a few things done outside while my mom was still watching the baby.  Anyway, I walk in, and call for them, and decide they must be downstairs.  The TV is on and blaring Sesame Street, and the dog is locked away in the bedroom.  I look down over the coffee table, and I see DD sitting on the floor playing with her toys!  I'm kind of annoyed, but that room is reasonably baby-proofed, and I figure he has gone downstairs by himself for a minute.

I scooped up DD, and notice that her shorts are soaking wet.  We normally don't get too many leaks, so I growl to myself about the length of time between diaper changes.  I get her cleaned up, and sing to her, and still no sign of DH.  It has been 5 minutes at the least.  I walked downstairs with DD to look for him, and my jaw about drops to the floor when I realize he isn't in the house!  I walk upstairs, stand around for 2 or 3 minutes, and he comes running back into the house. 

I gave him an awful look, and told him that this was unacceptable.  He tried to say that he was outside for two seconds, which really p!sses me off.  He seemed to feel badly, and apologized, so I let it drop so that we could finish dinner, and not argue in front of DD.

Should I really be letting this go so easily?  This is a horrible, awful offense in my mind, and I can't believe that a normally doting, and attentive father would do something so idiotic.  After that, we were talking about the fact that DD can sit up from a prone position, and he immediately went to lower the crib for her safety.  Well, that's good all, but Christ!  Where is his judgement?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml