Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anybody not going to have a 1st birthday party for you LO?

Ds birthday just passed and even though we did kids only ( toddlers) and I did most of the decorations and crafts and very basic food it all added up to be a few hundred dollars.  Now it's dd 1st birthday and this one dh wants to invite immediate family only like we did ofr our first born ds.      The only problem ( to me) is that with his immediate family  ( which is huge) and mine it will total like  77 people.   Dh comes from a big family 10 brothers and sisters and he has 21 nieces and nephews ( dh is the baby of the family at age 36) and some of his nephews are in their late 20's with kids of their own so they have to be invited too so thats why the list is pretty big.  My family sisters and kids and with only two close aunts and an uncle is about 20 ( but dont think everyone will take the 1 hr and a half drive )

Anyways I dread these big parties because of the cost and the lack of time I will be able to spend with my kids and really enjoy the party. Everytime we have something like a baptism or party i'm running around like a chicken without a head and miss taking pictures or enjoying myself.

I feel guilty not doing a party because I dont want dd to grow up and see that she didnt have one .    I dont know ......  we could def save the money as we are on a tight budget now due to some unexpected medical bills.

Anybody not doing a party?  Or what are you doing ?      I dont know how I can make /cut the guest list as they are allll immediate family .

Thanks and sorry so long...........