Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sleepless nights...LO waking up screaming. teething?

The last week or so DD has been waking up screaming. The only thing that seems to sooth her is nursing. I am trying not to do that because I don't want to start a habit of only being able to sooth her with the boob, but it?s the only thing that will calm her down.

Last night was a VERY long night. It?s weird because when she wakes, it?s like she is asleep, but her eyes are closed and fussing/crying and keeps getting louder. Last night I went in to try to calm her down by singing and patting her butt, but there was no calming her down. The more I tried to sooth her, the harder she screamed. I finally decided to put her back in the crib and let her cry it out. After nearly an hour of screaming bloody murder, she finally seemed to tire out a little, but was still crying pretty hard. I finally gave in and nursed her. As soon as she nurses she stops crying immediately. I have been giving her Advil or Tylenol before bed because I am pretty sure it is her teeth waking her. I know they say that when they are teething, it can hurt them to suck too. If that?s the case I?m not sure why she wants to nurse. She isn?t even really nursing, more just sucking. I never really wanted to her take a pacifier, but last night wow did I want that more than anything!!!

Anyone else LO doing something similar? Any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml