Upstate NY Babies

YAY! Ty's in home social worker is scheduled!

YAY!  The school has decided to send a social worker to our home once a week for an hour to work on coming up with stratagies to help get Ty to accept when things don't go his way.  She just called to set up the first visit.  He has come so far, but we are all really hoping to have him in a normal kindergarden class (instead of integrated) in his home school the yr after next and he isn't making enough progress without this.  He will also be starting two therapy sessions at school during the summer session (again, dealing with unexpected outcomes).  I am also excited that the social worker is from his home school :-)  That will make a huge difference for Kindergarden!

I also got his sensory swing this week, hung it in the front living room last night.  He loves it!  He was so excited when he came home from school one day last week and it was here.  He kept saying,"Thank you Mommy!  You got me my new sensory swing!  I love you!  Thank you Mommy!" over and over.  And he really likes taking the melatonin.  He looks forward to taking it before bed every night so he can fall asleep.  That alone speaks volumes to me, it isn't that he wanted to be up bouncing off the walls in his room for hours every night, it was that he couldn't collect himself to fall asleep.  And he probably doesn't make enough melatonin on his own.  Despite the fact that I was up with Bri last night from 11:30pm to 4:30 am and am very tired, I am a happy mama right now.

Here is a pic of a sensory swing, if you were wondering.

Here are more pics of it if you are interested.