Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Solids

LO one is almost 11 months and still doesn't like any stage 3 solids.  He spits them out and gags. Also tried Gerber graduates diced carrots and apples...does the same thing.  He will eat wagon wheels, crunchies, puffs. arrowroot cookies, bagels and cream cheese, toast, waffles.  I dont know why he won't eat other things I have tried.  Also lately it has been a little bit of a struggle to eat  his other foods (oatmeal and stage 2 foods or dinners).  Not sure if this is just a phase or what.  Any advice or suggestions.  Should I just keep trying new things until it clicks?? I guess I am just frustrated as I know many other babies (including my friends) who are younger are eating a variety of things already.  I am worried that he wont be getting the right amount of what he needs.  I know every baby is different but I am worried I am not doing the right things with introducing or encouraging trying new foods.  He still gets plenty of formula...he wont take it out of a sippy cup yet but he will drink water in small amounts from a sippy.

I guess I just would like to hear from other moms.  TIA!