Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sassy, I have a question.

So, my dad had Multiple Myeloma (a form of blood/bone marrow cancer) in the last two years of his battle he withered down to 125lbs and couldn't stomach eating at all due to an intense chemotherapy schedule and stem-cell transplant. One day, I finally got fed up with watching him starve to death and age drastically before my eyes, so I offered to find him some pot.

Of course, he was extremely resistant to the idea, but after a long debate he agreed to give it a shot. The results were amazing, life saving if you will. He was able to eat, had a desire to eat and was able to get back to a healthy weight.

The kicker? It's totally illegal to smoke marijuana in my state even for medicinal purposes. The other kicker? My dad was a judge. He was paid in local and state funds and he was a habitual marijuana smoker until the day he was put in hospice to die. 

I'm glad that my dad was able to smoke pot and give us two more years to be with him. There is no way he would've survived without it. I'm also glad that he was gainfully employed and not relying on the welfare system of Florida, because I suppose he would've had to choose between life and death if he wanted that $303 state benefit.

So my question for you, Sassy is, should a person in my dad's situation have his children removed from his home? After all, he was a parent and a habitual drug user in the eyes of the law.

LMK.