Single Parents

tell me about being a single mom...

What do you think is the hardest thing about being a single Mom?

Obviously I am struggling with my DH... some days are okay, other's not so much.  I have went to several counsellors and they all told me the same thing.  basically DH had this really crap life/ family experience (various abuse, etc).  He did a lot to resolve stuff and had gotten his life together, which is when I met him.  But getting married and starting a family brought up a bunch of emotional issues and he doesn't seem to be coping well with life.  Basically, he has turned into a jerk since we got married and it got worst when we had DD, he seems to not want to be around us.  He did go to see a minister to talk to him about some of his issues, but i think unless he is willing to go see a counsellor on a regular basis things aren't going to change.  I care about DH a lot, but I want the best for everyone.

Most of my friends and family now want me to leave- because they see how upset frustrated/lonely I have been since we got married.   I want the best for DD and I don't want her growing up with a sad Mom and a MIA Dad.   Financially I can do it all on my own- but it will be tough.  What I worry about is having to do the shared custody thing, and the pain of ending the relationship... which is weird because DH is rarely home now.  Also DH doesn't do too much with DD- he has given her a bath maybe 10 times in the last year, and changes a diaper maybe once every few weeks.

Anyways I just want to make the decision with my eyes wide open... and if any of you have great happy endings that would be good too!