Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Feeling Guilty- Travel without the baby

I posted this on the travel board but also wanted to get thoughts here.  So DH and I planned a big trip for our anniversary this year and booked it back when the baby was about 3 months old.  It's going to be amazing-- a villa in Cabo for 5 nights in August, part of the time on our own and part of the time with our closest friends.  Even though I really wanted to go back to Jamaica where we honeymooned, I decided to stay closer to home because at the time we booked the thought of taking time away from LO totally freaked me out.  I also figured the closer to home I was the closer I could get back if necessary.

Now here's where the guilt comes in.  Even though I have this wonderful trip to Cabo planned, I can't stop thinking about Jamaica and how much I want to go back before we have another baby.  DH wants to start trying again for baby number 2 in November, so I asked if we could do a week long trip to Jamaica at the end of October/beginng of November before we start our baby making.  To my surprise, he said yes.  Like our trip in August, my sister will be flown in to watch our LO at our house for the week.

I guess I just feel guilty about it.  Here I am a new mom and I'm selfishly leaving my baby for not one trip, but two trips.  And the two trips are only 2.5 months apart?!  Am I doing the wrong thing here?  I want you to be brutally honest with me.  I feel like my friends tell me what I want to hear but what I need are honest thoughts. 

FWIW, the baby will be a 14 months.  I think the whole idea of going through pregnancy and breastfeeding and devoting myself to another baby freaks me out and the way I cope with it is by booking a trip to escape for a bit. With the first trip I didn't feel so bad because it's only 5 nights and it's very close to home (3 hour flight).  Jamaica requires an entire week including travel time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml