Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Would you go to her house?

My SIL is ridiculous and is verbally and emotionally abusive.  DH's mother just got married after being single almost their entire lives (DH's dad divorced her when the youngest was a baby.)  She worked really hard to provide for her three children and is a terrific mother.  She is also a wonderful grandmother and will do anything to help us with Annalise and with SIL's little boy.  SIL tells her that it is her fault that SIL is crazy because she did such a crappy job of raising her and now she keeps her son from MIL because of this (uses him as bait really.  She bribes her mother with him: "if you don't do that, then I won't let you see him!")

Well, SIL is pregnant with her second.  She is crazy, though, and fights with everyone in the family.  She talks about how no one loves her and how terrible we all are.  She almost didn't walk in my wedding because she thought that I was a b*tch because I didn't give them shawls to wear (wtf? It wasn't cold?)  She loves a good fight.  Not long ago, she sent an email to DH telling him that he and I are completely snobby and she hates us and she doesn't want anythign to do with us or our child and that everyone in the family feels the same way about us.  She told us that she was sorry for Annalise because she was going to turn into the type of people that we were and that is just so bad for her.  I was so upset by it, but DH just said, "eh, that's her.  Don't worry about it." 

Now that she is pregnant, DH said that I should go to her house and try and be friendly with her and bring her a gift.  She has still never apologized for the email and we haven't spoken since.  Why would I just go to her house WITHOUT DH?  This is not my sister.  I have no relationship with her.  I think she is insane.  Would you go to her house?  I've told DH how I feel about the situation, and he tells me that I need to "just let it go."  I think if ANYONE should break the ice here, it should be her. 

Sorry about the confusing backstory.  I don't think there is anyway to neatly sum up her ridiculousness.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml