2nd Trimester

if your lo will have cousins close in age...

Do you plan on starting any new holiday traditions, for the whole family, this year? My DH's only family is his sister. I posted yesterday that we just found out that her and her FI are expecting and shes due 5 weeks after me. yay! Last night DH and I were discussing new family traditions we'd like to start and (since everyone has their own thing going on for Christmas) we decided on a Christmas Eve dinner. We'll invite my parents, grandma, and his sister's family. Nothing fancy. Just an oppertunity to enjoy family time, get the kids together and maybe exchange a few gifts (at least for the kids). When I was growing up my mom would always get cold cuts from the italian deli and fresh bread and we'd just make sandwiches for Christmas Eve dinner. She'd make a few sides and cannolis for dessert. Simple but everyone always loved it. This all stopped years ago, when I moved out (there were no other kids in the family to keep it going for) so we're kida bringing it back at our home. I know our LO's will be very young still this Christmas but as they get older I'm sure they will love this time! Plus I have a (now) 14 month old DD who will be old enough to appreciate it this year. Despite the fact that I was the only child in my family, many of my fondest childhood memories are of family time at the holidays. So, I'm interested to see if anyone else is planning to start new traditions? I'm so thankful that my family is all close enough that we can do things like this and am so happy that my LO's will have cousins to grow up with!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml