Upstate NY Babies

Crib product/customer service rant.

So I'm really annoyed. I am sure a lot of you have heard me rave about Eve's crib.. Its a stanley young america.. so NOT cheap. And I do love it.. but we've had a couple issues with it now and the manufacturer really let us down with their customer service.

First, probably about a year ago, the dropside started getting jammed if I would lower it.. It wasn't the end of the world because we hardly ever lowered it. Only occasionally if I was changing the sheets and not even always.. but when it would get jammed, I guess DH has to force the whole side out of the tracks to put it back in and get it up.. I probably should have called about this when it started.. but I just never did and it wasn't a huge concern until I'm thinking about putting a newborn in it.

When we ordered Eve's big girl furniture, we requested the dropside fix kit from the manufacter through the store.. I heard the people at the store talking to Young America and requesting it.. but for whatever reason.. we didn't get it. I don't know if it got lost in the shuffle, or what. I never really thought about it until a few days ago.

Finally, DH tried to raise the crib 2 nights ago and one of the screws that holds the mattress raiser things is completely stripped, he said even if he got it out he wouldn't get it back in.. so basically we can't raise/lower the crib at this point.

So DH called Young America yesterday and requested the dropside kit and asked if they would send new hardware for the mattress frame part.. They basically told him no. They said the mattress part was his own fault.. and that they'll only take requests for dropside fix kits if we have the store call (Which, we DID).. I don't think DH even brought up the dropside being stuck, because i guess it would be a non-issue with the fix kit.. But I'm pretty sure they HAVE to send us a fix kit, right? Isn't that the law now?! 

So.. i'm pretty sure I'm gonna put a report about the dropside fix kit and jammed side in with the cpsc.. Not really sure what my plan is about the screws... we can probably just buy new ones..  but that is really not the point at all.. I cried and cried about it the other day..  I want things to be perfect and at this point this crib is just far from it..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth