Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How long do you let a cough linger?

The sitter thought DD was wheezing on Monday, May 9.  We took her to the dr and she said it wasn't wheezing, just congestion and that we could use the neb if we wanted to make sure it didn't go to her lungs.  We've been doing them twice a day.

That night she had a 101 fever.

She didn't have a fever again until Friday, May 13.  Again, 101, and again it was gone the next day.

A few times that week she had thrown up, mostly from eating and coughing/gagging at the same time.  It was obvious it was from the coughing, not a stomach bug.

She still had a bad cough and goopy snot on Monday, May 16.  I called the nurse and she said to wait it out until Wed (day 10) and if she was worse, then to call back.

She's been ok since, nose is running clear, but she has a horrible congested cough.  She woke me up Wed night with a 2 minute fit so I went in there, picked her up and patted her until she was back to sleep.  Last night she was coughing for 10-15 seconds every 5 minutes from 4-5am.  Fun times.

She's acting great, no fever since last Friday, but this cough is never ending.  How long would you let it go before taking her back to the dr? (Monday it'll be 2 weeks)