Upstate NY Babies

*Updated* Ty told me the aid on his bus flicked his face :-(

Thanks everyone.  I called the school, the person I spoke with took me very seriously and told me she is filing a complaint with both the bus company and with the county.  She said I should be hearing from someone from the county very soon.  I think Ty's teacher had already informed the person spoke with about this. 

I always worried something like this would happen to Ty.  He is so hard to deal with some times.  Always has been, since birth!  This is why I never leave him with ANYONE.  It is a half an hour a day and he is strapped into a car seat!  I thought it would be something easily handled.  Now I feel like I am putting him through torture making him ride home, even though it is with completely different people.

I am so sad and angry.  Yesterday, Ty told me that his bus aid would flick his face, and showed me how he did it.  I asked him which aid, he described the aid from the morning bus.  He rode the bus to and from school until late January when he suddenly refused to get on the bus, then I started driving him to school and having him ride the bus home.  He had issues riding home as well, but I made his ride anyway for various reasons.  I knew something must have happened, but figured it was something insignificant to the rest of us like the driver turning down a wrong street one day (Ty is very particular).  The interesting thing about Ty is that his memory of events is usually better 2-3 months after they happen than right after, especially if it is something tramatic for him.  He also said the aid put snow in his face, but insists it was an accident, I cannot think of any possible scenerio how putting snow in someone's face on a bus is an accident.  The aids don't get the kids off the bus, the teachers do.  Ty doesn't make things up, but he does sometimes misunderstand events.  I feel a bit like it was so long ago now that he may be mistaken, but I highly doubt it.  I am concerned about falsely accusing someone, but also think I need to file a report.  I also feel bad about making him ride the bus home, but Bri would never get a good nap if I start dropping off and picking up everyday.  He will go to summer school too.

I also want to add that flicking in the face for bad behavior IS tramatic for Ty.  You would really need a good understanding of Ty to fully understand what I mean.  He started into a huge regression in January that stumped everyone at school as well as myself.  I think this may have been why.  Typing this out makes me want to cry.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can find a sitter for a half hour every afternoon so Bri can have her nap while I pick up Ty.