January 2012 Moms

Miracles really do happen

Throughout our 7 yrs of TTC, I have had a history of extremely low progesterone. Actually, I had 7 IUIs that failed and the Dr believed it was b/c of low progesterone and thin linings. I took prometrium suppositories and my levels were still on the higher end of being too low. I haven't taken any progesterone supplements since our last IUI in 2008. So of course, when I got this surprise BFP, I was frwaking out about my progesterone being too low and causing an early miscarriage.

Well, my OB checked my level on Tuesday and told me that if it was low he would immediately start me on prometrium. I went in today to have my senond beta drawn and the nurse told me she had my progesterone level results. They want it to be over 16 and mine were 30.5!!!!!! WOW!!! It's truly a miracle! My body is doing this even though the Drs told me it couldn't!

My beta, at 16 DPO, was 186 and I should get my second results on tomorrow. I really hope so b/c I don't want to worry all weekend. I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM PREGNANT!!!!

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker