Upstate NY Babies

XP:WWYD/WDYT (food allergy-related)

I will preface this by saying that we live 10ish minutes from DH's sister, his mother and stepfather, and his father and stepmother.  They each have 2 pets at their houses that DH is allergic to.  All are new pets in the last 3 years despite his allergies for life.  Now DS has emerging pet allergies.  He also has food allergies including nuts and we are trying VERY hard to get family on board with this.

Fast forward to Easter.  DH and DS do 2 days of Zyrtec and we do the breathing treatment the allergist recommended before we go to brunch at FIL's (so I am already like WTF people with your pets as I am making DS stop playing with new stuff from the Easter Bunny for the freaking nebulizer).  We get there and the table is full of yummy looking foods DS cannot eat (donuts with sprinkles, whipped cream, etc).  I get that other people want them, but there were no other kids there, and only 4 other adults.  Whatever.  We have a nice meal, DS eats a cereal bar and a lollipop that I brought to distract him, they say how awful it must be to have to figure all these allergies out (eggs, dairy, all nuts) and we get up to leave.  I notice a huge bag of peanuts on the floor behind DS and take note.  We walk out and I see peanut shells EVERYWHERE.  EVERYWHERE!  They must feed them to the squirrels or the birds on a feeder right near the door.  They had already shut the door and were waving, so I smile and say to DH, "Hope you had fun because that was our last visit!"  Seriously people.  I know it has been a "tough year" for THEM trying to figure things out, but our only thing that was nice was thinking when it got warmer out, we could be outside.  Um, we don't know how severe his nut allergy, but there is no way either of my kids are playing where we know there are nuts. 

DH doesn't want to say anything.  I don't think it is my job.  They are going to either be really upset with themselves (DUH) or defensive or both.  I am sure they expect to see us on Sunday.  Um, they will have to come here.  Surely I am not overreacting?????????  This was long (sorry if you read it all), but it felt good to "get it out".  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml