Pregnant after IF

First Trip To L&D Last night

Yesterday afternoon at work my coworker and I decided to walk to Starbucks for a cold drink since it was so nice. My pants I was wearing were a little long so I had cuffed them a bit. Just as I was walking out of my building I think the heel of my shoe got caught in the cuff on my other leg and down I went. Hard! I never hit my abdomen because i protected myself with my knees and wrists which are now cut up and really sore, but I started to have a lot of abdominal pain/cramping.

I went back upstairs and called my OBs office to see what to do and got transferred to L&D who said I should come in. 

I called DH (which was probably the worst part of the whole ordeal. I only cried when I called him and told him to meet me there - I could tell in his voice he was terrified so I got terrified). 

I got into an observation room and hooked up to the monitors for heart beat and contractions and all looked good. I didn't have any spotting or leaking of fluid and my internal exam was good: closed, long cervix. They monitored me for about 3 hours to make sure I didn't start to contract or bleed (they worry about placental abruption with traumatic falls/injuries). 

Thank god for DH's ipad to keep us occupied. It was great to hear her heartbeat for so long - I could listen to that sound all the time - DH recorded it on his iPhone. She was very active the whole time and I had a couple of braxton hicks that showed up on the monitor, but I didn't even feel. 

All the staff at the hospital were fantastic (the admitting folks, the nurses, and the on call doc). When I asked about continuing yoga, I go 2-3 times/week both the nurse and the doc said Yes - they love delivering babies to mamas who do yoga and gave me the go ahead to start back up on Saturday. 

It was scary, but we're both okay, I'm a little sore with some cuts and bruises on my hands and legs, but otherwise good. And LO is perfect - strong, continuous heartbeat, moving like crazy, and I've got a "calm, quiet uterus". 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml