Pregnant after IF

OB Appt. - Anyone Do More Testing After NT Scan?

My OB appt. this a.m. went well.  We found the heartbeat (strong) w/ the Doppler, and my Dr. went over the NT scan results again w/ us.  She was very positive about it and said that the results were reassuring and well above the abnormal cut-off (odds were ~1 in 2200 for Downs and ~1 in 811 for Trisomy 13/18).  The nucheal fold was 1.9, the HCG was in the 10th percentile which is normal, and the PAPP protein was in the 5th percentile, which is the cut-off for being low. 

The OB said on its own the PAPP being low doesn't really mean anything which is why my odds were what they were.  She mentioned again that it could possibly indicate a placenta issue, but she doubts it and to remedy that she would just do an extra u/s in the 3rd tri and if needed we'd deliver early.  She emphasized that she wasn't concerned about that too much b/c it was borderline. 

Even though the Dr. was reassuring, DH is still just unsettled by the genetic testing - not necessarily b/c of our results, but just in general.  He says that he doesn't know if he has what it takes to raise a baby w/ Downs, etc. :(  Please no flames - it's just something he's very fearful of.  The Dr. said we could talk to a genetic counselor to see if we'd want to do the 15/16 week b/w (anyone do this?) which would raise the accuracy of the tests from 90% to 93%, or an amnio.  I don't know that we'll do anything, but to appease DH I would meet w/ a genetic counselor at least. 

This is such a stressful topic.  Did anyone else elect to do more testing, even if you weren't considered "high-risk" necessarily?  I'm 31 and DH is 36, if it matters. 

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!.

James Paul born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker