Single Parents

Would you do this?

Little back story: 

I really want LO to be RFing at all times and granted that Ex only bothers to get her for about 5-6 hours a month she rarely has any time FF, but he is not the world's greatest driver (not even in the running) and I have known him to be in several near misses while we were together. Also we will likely be moving closer to him soon so the amount fo time he has her will likely increase. To top this off our surprise car seat inspection was yesterday, and the guy said LO had increased risk FF due to her helmet and residual torticollis in her neck (I won't post the details of why unless you are interested...) and I have a call in to Cranial tech about this. I'm am gathering as many facts and resources as I can to reargue this with Ex but I doubt he would be very moved as it would inconvenience him to deal with car seats.

Would it be too much to ask him to accept a RFing car seat as a gift that I will purchase for him and install for him? I know these two reasons are most likely why he will not agree to RF so if I remove the trouble and cost for him why should he refuse?