Parenting
Options

WWYD re: FB friend with PPD/suicidal?

I have a FB friend who I used to know IRL, but haven't seen in over 10 years now (I'm in PA and she's in VA). She's always had some form of mental illness. When I knew her, she had anorexia, depression and anxiety. She's now diagnosed with post-partum depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar disorder and probably a few other things. She has a history of attempted suicide, has been hospitalized and has cut herself with knives. She's on medication, but based on her FB rants, the meds are not helping her and she is abusing them.

She has a six-week-old son and I'm extremely concerned for his safety. Since he's been born, she's posted about how her OCD can't handle the spit-up, the poop, the farts, the crying. The other night, he was crying and she said she'd shoot herself in the head if she had a gun, enough is enough. A couple weeks ago, she posted something that alluded to her hurting herself and maybe the baby. Some friends messaged her husband and mother, and she got pissed and deleted the comment, saying she'd never hurt the baby. She tried to do an out-patient psychiatric program, but didn't have anybody to watch the baby, so she quit.

Last night, she went on a tirade. She posted how much of each drug she took and how she couldn't believe she was still alive. Then said something about killing herself when her husband went to work - "a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do." About how nobody cares about her. She's never had great relationships with her mother and father and has no siblings. No close friends nearby. She's FB friends with her DH so he sees all this, but he's in retail management and works a lot of long hours. He can't take much more time off of work without his job being in jeopardy.

She needs serious help, I'm thinking in-patient. WWYD? I don't have her phone number and she doesn't take well to being confronted. I think she knows she needs help, but with the baby, she's not getting it. Should I call CPS in her state to see if they can check in with her and maybe offer her some guidance?

ETA: For instance, yesterday, she posted that she took 12 klonopin for anxiety when she's supposed to take AT MOST 4.