Single Parents

Marriage Counseling

I posted a while back looking for advice, but here's a brief refresher.  I'm married to a military man (Navy), and DD and I recently moved out here to be with him, and now he's deployed.  We've been having issues since day one (got married b/c I was pregnant, money problems, trust issues thanks to the money problems, etc).  He's not on drugs, addicted to alcohol, cheating, etc, but we just don't fit.  I'm hoping to go to marriage counseling when he comes home as a last resort.  I really am hoping it all works out, b/c I was raised through three very messy divorces, and though I hope to have a more amicable dealing with my H should the need arise, it always worries me what my daughter will go through.  That being said, I'm still planning for the worst.

So my question is, who's been to marriage counseling?  Did it help at all?  Even if it didn't save your marriage would you still say it was worth it?

And if anyone has any experience with the military aspects of things, I would especially appreciate your POV.  

TIA 

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers